Sunday 5 May 2019

Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water (1975)

I love lists, so this time I made a list of my favourite top 5 bass players. There is no surprise that Chris Squire, co-founder and long time bass player of Yes, is one of them. A not very well known fact seems to be that Chris Squire also recorded a superb solo album in 1975, featuring Patrick Moraz on keyboards, Bill Bruford on drums and Mel Collins on saxophone, among others. With this line-up it might as well be a kind of crossover between Yes and King Crimson without guitars, and, honestly, it actually sounds like it. This weekend I am spinning the album in its entirety, plus a few tracks featuring my other favourite bass players. Let me surprise you, who they are!

Starport Omega : Saturday 18:00 PST (Sunday 03:00 CEST, 01:00 GMT)
Floating Islands : Sunday 15:00 PST (Monday 00:00 CEST, Sunday 22:00 GMT)
My streaming URL

No comments:

Post a Comment